·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLVED - ETKA Part lookup 3B0 971 843

Could someone look up the following part number for me:

3B0 971 843

It's from a 2002 1.8T wagon.

I found the part lying loose under my hood. It's a small plastic clip or bracket. I checked the trademotion catalog, and they show a listing for it by part number ("bracket" list = $2.80).

What I really need to know is where does it go on my car ? I can't seem to find it in the trademotion catalog illustrations.

Perhaps the ETKA has it.

<![CDATA[Could someone look up the following part number for me:

3B0 971 843

It's from a 2002 1.8T wagon.

I found the part lying loose under my hood. It's a small plastic clip or bracket. I checked the trademotion catalog, and they show a listing for it by part number ("bracket" list = $2.80).

What I really need to know is where does it go on my car ? I can't seem to find it in the trademotion catalog illustrations.

Perhaps the ETKA has it.

[Modified by OakHillVariant, 2:59 PM 2/17/2003]

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Re: Request - ETKA Part lookup 3B0 971 843 (OakHillVariant)

ETKA says "part number unknown"...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Request - ETKA Part lookup 3B0 971 843 (stealthx32)

I've got a 2002 late build (mfg April 2002), so it may be a fairly new design.

What year ETKA are you using?

·
Registered
9,741 Posts

I have up to MY2003. I did a search from part number (which actually just gives a description for the specified part number and doesn't really do a search), and it says it doesn't exist...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Request - ETKA Part lookup 3B0 971 843 (stealthx32)

Well, I guess I'm up for some entertainment next, as I go to the dealer and watch their mystified faces.

Maybe they'll simply recognize the part by sight.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Can't check the part number, but check the noise dampening insulation on your hood. Just changed two clips today that had fallen off. There are quite a few of these clips holding this thing on the hood. Apparently they also fall off quite easily.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Request - ETKA Part lookup 3B0 971 843 (dragonpassat)

Thanks.

It wasn't one of the insulation clips. I checked with the dealer today; it's the clip that holds the cabling to the hood (bonnet) hinge. This is the cabling that routes from the engine compartment up into the hood itself (for the windshield washer heated spraying jet wiring and the washer fluid hose). Snapped right back on when I finally found out where it was supposed to go.

I was wiping down my engine compartment after washing the car, and knocked it loose.

<![CDATA[Thanks.

It wasn't one of the insulation clips. I checked with the dealer today; it's the clip that holds the cabling to the hood (bonnet) hinge. This is the cabling that routes from the engine compartment up into the hood itself (for the windshield washer heated spraying jet wiring and the washer fluid hose). Snapped right back on when I finally found out where it was supposed to go.

I was wiping down my engine compartment after washing the car, and knocked it loose.

[Modified by OakHillVariant, 2:57 PM 2/17/2003]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts