Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just a bought a new 2006 passat 2.0T about 2 months ago and I just realized that the unlock button will not work on my spare remote . The dealer ordered a new remote key and after waiting 2 hours at the dealer, they came out and told me they do not know how to reprogram the new key. Now, none of the keys work and the dealer had to keep the car until they get instructions from the factory. How hard is it to reprogram a new remote control key??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sad thing is the dealer tried reprogramming my car and another car. We both have loaners now until they figure it out. The dealer thought the reprogramming would be the same as the touareg (similiar keys), but they were wrong.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a phone call from dealer saying they needed more time and now they have to re-order all new keys. I went to get some things out of the car and now it is just sitting in the lot unlocked with the windows down. I reached into the car to unlock it and now the car will not unlock at all.

QUALITY SERVICE, I must say....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man, that's weird. My key went bad a few weeks ago and the dealer just asked me to stop by after work and they went ahead and reprogrammed it in about 15 minutes, washed my car, and sent me on my way.

It sounds to me like your dealer is a little iffy...

RR

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got my car back and now I have two new keys that are operational. They were going to wash the car, but declined it since they just run it through a wash. I would rather hand clean it and not worry about any scratches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts