1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
hopefully that lawsuit buys him some new mods :lol:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Man! At least he got it back OK. People who view themselves as on the side of 'right' tend to forget that they need to operate inside the law, that applies to repo men too. One of my friends once got the panic button treatment in his bank when they denied he was him and said he'd stolen his pay check. They refused to return his ID too. A cop turned up, looked at the ID and check then advised him to change banks. Funny old world.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Man, what a crazy story. Truth is stranger than fiction. I just can't imagine a cop around here would take the time to help things like this out.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Greg, the person this happened to, it the nicest guy too, so it just made it worse. he's only had the car like a month, but he seems to have been very level headed about it even when he lost his temper with the po po and the repo early on.

I could never imagine being as calm through the ordeal, I would turn into the Hulk, only I wouldn't get any bigger or turn green or be able to really bust through walls, but I would be pissed! You can count on that!

·
Registered
477 Posts
He should sue the bank as well as the towing company.

There's no excuse for that kind of bullsh*t ...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rich P said:
...the cop says that I dont have to sign any thing. We took the car and they were arrested.
I think this is the best part. They still got arrested.
I agree, however the reason they were still arrested is becasue when they took the car the second time - it was theft. Greg had produced the title and they hsd no claim to REPO the car at that point. I wounder how this will efect their ability to opperate in the future. A REPO man with a grant theft auto charge (and hopefully conviction)

As for the Bank - I agree he should sue them too, as they started this whole mess.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Wow, that's friggin amazing :eek:

Hopefully he gets lots of mod money out of this, and that REPO man gets some hard time.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
:shock: He should sue all of them- reposition Co., Bank that "Issued" order, Building management and squezee them like, last week party, lemon

1 - 20 of 47 Posts