Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the opinion of replicas. I am thinking about getting some RS6 replicas from Discount Tire and am a little leary about the quality of a replica.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm still riding stock, but I've heard good and bad!! Some people don't have problems with them, but I've also heard of people having lots of trouble with them, bending cracking etc.. I guess it's really just a matter of luck!!!! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I HAD Brabus replicas on my car. I hit an invisible curb at a high speed and couldn't get them repaired (Since they are fake 2 peice rims). Originally they were a cheap option, but since I cannot get them fixed I am looking at buying a whole new set of rims. Yes, they stopped making my "replicas." Although another company is making them, they will probably be just a little off in color and wheight. I would recomend getting replicas assuming you don't hit anything :oops: .

I saw both the replicas and the originals in the store, and there was virtually no difference.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I picked up these S4 replicas three weeks ago and I really like them. Check out aaarims.com, they sell their replicas to Discount Tire and might be a little bit cheaper.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have the AMG-like replicas.(18x8 ASA ST3) Actually, this are really replicas at all. The real amg have similar spokes but have an actual lip. Mine have a rounded smooth curve, more than a lip. I like mine better :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts