Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to replace the side mirrors in a passat with the blue tinted ones they make for the jettas? I think if it can be done you just pop off the old ones and pop on the blue ones?! Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hunter0527 said:
Is it possible to replace the side mirrors in a passat with the blue tinted ones they make for the jettas? I think if it can be done you just pop off the old ones and pop on the blue ones?! Has anyone done this?
I bought the tinted Jetta glass off another user on here for $20. The heating mechanism still works, and the tint helps with bright headlights and the mirrors fit fine.
It's different than the more expensive aspherical mirror.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats the difference between the aspherical (split view) and the wide angle (convex)? All I want is the same thing that I have now except, blue tinted.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,695 Posts
Hunter0527 said:
Whats the difference between the aspherical (split view) and the wide angle (convex)? All I want is the same thing that I have now except, blue tinted.
I have the asphericals and love them. You can get a split view on both sides and a line that tells you when it's safe to pass.:thumbup:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Tom Parish said:
and a line that tells you when it's safe to pass.:thumbup:
Thats not really what the line is for surely? I thought it was just there to show a split between the different angles?
If the car is in the inner section, its safe to go ahead???? they could still be pretty close. :icon_eek:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Use a plastic bicycle tire iron or something like that, the mirrors just pop off, but be sure to catch them otherwise they'll swing by the heater wire and scratch the door paint.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,695 Posts
elton said:
Thats not really what the line is for surely? I thought it was just there to show a split between the different angles?
If the car is in the inner section, its safe to go ahead???? they could still be pretty close. :icon_eek:
If you have them on your car then you will understand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts