Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The turn signals are pretty easy to change, although they are hard to reach. Just stick your hand as far over to the right or left as you can (depending on which side turn signal) and feel for a piece of plastic that is shaped kind of like a fin. Just twist that, and it will come right out (The bulb is attached to the fin part). Swap out the bulbs, and repeat the reverse process. The side with the airbox (at least in the V6) is kinda tight, so you may want to find someone with small hands to do it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guy's...man that was an absolute bitch to do! The one on the passanger side slipped out of my hand and I had to get a coat hanger to get the damn thing out of there! I hope that I never have to do that shit again :thumbdow:
GLX155...kinda tight is the understatement of the century :p

·
Registered
711 Posts
OakHillVariant said:
Isn't there an access panel in the wheelwell to get to those bulbs?

That oval shaped plug.
yea there is..l makes it alot easier.. well for next time you can use the access panel.. i did it the hard way my first time too...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jdubu81 said:
OakHillVariant said:
Isn't there an access panel in the wheelwell to get to those bulbs?

That oval shaped plug.
yea there is..l makes it alot easier.. well for next time you can use the access panel.. i did it the hard way my first time too...
Ok :wink:
I knew I should have waited a little while longer for some more responses and till daylight 8)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Access panel eh? I wish I woulda known about that... I nearly had to get stitches after my first turn signal bulb change :p :lol:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VWPassatGLX155 said:
Access panel eh? I wish I woulda known about that... I nearly had to get stitches after my first turn signal bulb change :p :lol:
No shit...I'm going to tell VW to cover the bill for the stitches under warranty :lol: :p :poke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
TX-B5.5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing