Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know a good replacement shift boot for a '98 B5 stick? I bought the last one from VW and it wore out faster than the original one. Somebody must make one that lasts more than a year or two!! (btw, it's beige)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
I used a momo shift boot, but mine s desoghed to be used with a momo shift knob. But i belive that they also make one that will work that either ties at the end, or folds under, to work with the factory knob. Though the stock knob is intagrated into the boot, so i'm not sure how it would look with the factory knob.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,662 Posts
Skip said:
Anybody know a good replacement shift boot for a '98 B5 stick? I bought the last one from VW and it wore out faster than the original one. Somebody must make one that lasts more than a year or two!! (btw, it's beige)
i dont know if you passed home ek. but i made one just took old one cut it at seem trac4ed it on new fabric and sewed another...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
guy022077 said:
Skip said:
Anybody know a good replacement shift boot for a '98 B5 stick? I bought the last one from VW and it wore out faster than the original one. Somebody must make one that lasts more than a year or two!! (btw, it's beige)
i dont know if you passed home ek. but i made one just took old one cut it at seem trac4ed it on new fabric and sewed another...
I was thinking about this lately. (Mine is going but not gone yet.) How do you get the old one off/new one on exactly?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,662 Posts
Camarkim said:
guy022077 said:
Skip said:
Anybody know a good replacement shift boot for a '98 B5 stick? I bought the last one from VW and it wore out faster than the original one. Somebody must make one that lasts more than a year or two!! (btw, it's beige)
i dont know if you passed home ek. but i made one just took old one cut it at seem trac4ed it on new fabric and sewed another...
I was thinking about this lately. (Mine is going but not gone yet.) How do you get the old one off/new one on exactly?
a little tricky...but put your fingers on the plastic in front of shift boot and put thumbs on shift boot and pull the plastic ring off. i broke mine but apoxy fixes anything...then unskrew shiftknob and ofcourse if you break your stuff i claim no responsibility for damaged items..you have to glue the new one anyway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,948 Posts
I just got a new one from Redline, awesome service and a great product. Took about a week to get it, it's beautiful and was cheap ($35)
 

·
needs more cowbell
Joined
·
5,945 Posts
for those that are handmaking a new boot, are you hand stitching these? any special thread or other matierials?
this sounds like a good project to combine with E-brake cover.
thanks
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top