Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend, the window regulator in my drivers sdie front door went, and my GF took it to my trusty mechanic to get it replaced. Now he has replaced the regulator by, and now the car won't start. Any hints or suggestions?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More info: Apparently the electrical works, but the car doesn't do anything when the key is turned. I am chipped with a Neuspeed 1.0 bar.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i get this at work all the time, "you replaced my brakes and now my trunk wont open!"

j/k, i dont see how that could be related to the car not starting, unless the battery was disconnected while the car was being worked on? i drove for two weeks with no window regulator. maybe someone else has some more insight on this, bump anyways good luck.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually drove for a few months with the back regulator messed up. I think the jist of my question is, is there anything that can be done by taking off the left front door panel that will activate the anti-theft system, and if so, how can it be reset?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, now I have the official story with more information (my previous info was filtered through my girlfriend). Apparently what happened was they were in the process of replacing the regulator, they had the door lock actuator unhooked and had to move the car. When they got into the car and tried to start it to move it, it wouldn't start, so the current thinking is the anti-theft system is locked up. Anyone with any clue as to how the anti-theft system can be reset?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it wasn't the anti-theft system, it was a blown fuse for the door locks, which was never tested because the door locks worked, but hey, it starts again at least. :roll:

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well somebody had to... :poke: Club :b5:

Actually I think it's important to post a solution to your problem if you query about it. That way if someone else has the problem they can solve it (if only the search function was useable :poke: Club :b5: ).

Also updates keep the topic towards the top... :wink:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
BooRadley said:
Well it wasn't the anti-theft system, it was a blown fuse for the door locks, which was never tested because the door locks worked, but hey, it starts again at least. :roll:
I had that same problem. If that fuse blows the anti-theft system won't let the car start. :crazy:

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
BooRadley said:
Well somebody had to... :poke: Club :b5:

Actually I think it's important to post a solution to your problem if you query about it. That way if someone else has the problem they can solve it (if only the search function was useable :poke: Club :b5: ).

Also updates keep the topic towards the top... :wink:
I completely agree...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.