Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay. here is the thing. my original trunk were destroyed by a tree branch a year ago. and i happen to have another passat parting out at that time... so i just swap the trunk lid from that one.
it was yesterday, i left my remote at my office, and i had to use the spare key to drive my car to a shopping mall. and that was when this tragedy happened. i couldn't open my trunk with my key!
then i realized this. how stupid i was... i didn't put the original lock back in when i swapped the trunk lid. i use remote and center control to open almost all the time. so i didnt find this out until yesterday.
now that original lock is gone.

its not a huge problem, but how am i gonna fix this. buy a new lock? or just reprogram the lock (i wouldn't be surprised if i can't). any idea?

oh another little thing, i can't find the rear towing hook on my car. it should be at the bottom of the spare tire well right? its not there. any idea on this.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Is the lock cylinder in the solid locked position? (Key hole is horizontal)

If not, you can at least hit unlock on your car to open it. If it is indeed totally locked, I would rekey it for the convenience or else you can't open it.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.