Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the engine in my '99 Passat wagon and now the trans won't go into tip mode. The trans seems to shift fine and the car runs strong. It downshifts and upshifts fine, but again, won't go into Tip and the indicator just shows PRND432 in black outline and does not change when a gear is selected.

I did have the battery disconnected while the car was sitting with no engine. I checked all the connections and they seem to be fine, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm sure one of the first bits of advice will be to see if there are any error codes - you'll need someone with a VAG-COM/VCDS program.

People here will be able to help more if you give those kinds of details.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just looking at purchasing this software, especially since I just picked up an '03 Passat for the wife.

I was just hoping someone would have an idea of what it could be, especially since the trans was working fine before the engine was pulled out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is funny how things work. I decided to go to my part time job after school to double check the fluid level. The level was fine but I decided to put it on our scanner.

There were no codes in it and there were no pending codes. I just said [email protected]#% it and use the clear codes function anyway. As soon as I hit the clear codes it popped out of limp mode

Anyway, the car runs good except for a slight miss under hard acceleration. I will research that next.

Thanks everyone for all the help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts