Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife & I drive down to South Carolina every few months to see family. Instead of racking up more mileage than I already do from work to home I rent a car. This time we Rented a 04' Mitsubishi Galant, last time a Toyota Camry & before that a Taurus. I just have to say: What a pleasure it is to get back into my Passat. Every time we go I can't wait to get back into my car. I have never had a car before the Passat that I enjoyed driving this much!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Got a Volvo S60 (unsolicited upgrade from rental company) when on vacation in TX recently. Really missed the steering feel and engine responsiveness of my B5.5. The S60 was solid structurally (tho there were some odd interior creaks for such a new car -- 3200 miles) and it did perform well in corners (some great roads in the Texas Hill Country! Weehaa!), but it kinda left me cold. No punch in terms of acceleration.

Ergonomically, the VW beats the Volvo as well. Sure, I am trained over time to know immediately where stuff is in my car -- but some of the Volvo's systems were incomprehensible even after reviewing the manual. Weird.

Driving home from the airport in my Passat, OTOH, was a happy reunion.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
After driving a rental car (Dodge Stratus) for transportation in the insurance fighting time after my truck wrecked, I must say, that while the Dodge had some punch, the Passat was more well rounded, better looking, and the interior was so much better planned out, was comfier, quiter, and even the vinyl and painted stuff in the interior FELT better. :D

I just don't understand why VW isn't selling so many of these things? :weirdo:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
JustinWilt said:
some great roads in the Texas Hill Country! Weehaa!
shhhhh! we don't want to let that secret out. :wink:

:lol:

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
2000PASSAT20V said:
My wife & I drive down to South Carolina every few months to see family.
Arg, whys dont yous fella's never let a home boy know you's gunna be in souf kackalakie? :p Its hella boring here in Charleston and it'd be great to meet some other members.

Hit me up next time man.

Steve

·
needs more cowbell
5,945 Posts
i think if the passat was shown as a bit more aggressive car, it would appeal to a market that appreciates sporty sedans. instead they show their W8 racing a bike!! what a match. just my thought.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scuba2001 said:
2000PASSAT20V said:
My wife & I drive down to South Carolina every few months to see family.
Arg, whys dont yous fella's never let a home boy know you's gunna be in souf kackalakie? :p Its hella boring here in Charleston and it'd be great to meet some other members.

Hit me up next time man.

Steve
I was in your area too! We were in Charlotte, NC & then down to Mount Pleasant, SC (just outside Charleston)

-Phil

·
Registered
28,876 Posts
Highway miles are easy on the Passat. Save the money on a rental for some mods on the Passat.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
JustinWilt said:
Got a Volvo S60 (unsolicited upgrade from rental company) when on vacation in TX recently. Really missed the steering feel and engine responsiveness of my B5.5. The S60 was solid structurally (tho there were some odd interior creaks for such a new car -- 3200 miles) and it did perform well in corners (some great roads in the Texas Hill Country! Weehaa!), but it kinda left me cold. No punch in terms of acceleration.
S60 R should have plenty of punch, compared to a stock B5

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.