Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Incase anyone is interested, there is a Thrifty car rental place near my office (downtown Atlanta) that has 300's and Magnums out front.

I've driven the 300. Pretty nice.
I was actually impressed with the ride and fit'n'finish.

I don't think they have a HEMI, but the H/O V6 still has 250hp and goes pretty well. Well enough to see what the ride is all about.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Took one for a test drive, the mid level 3.5L 250hp engine with touring suspension and the leather/bostons accoustics package.

Drove very nice for such a big car. The engine needed more oomph from a standing start, but felt comfortable enough to pull at speed with3 people on board.

Fit and finish was nice as were the seats, very comfy! Oddly enough, I felt the Altima has an airier cabin then the bigger 300.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I just had a Silver 300C rental through Advantage Rent-a-Car last week while my Passat was in the shop. I was suprised that the rental car company carried the Hemi model, but obviously pleased. The engine simply rocks IMHO (nothing like a smooth V8 ), but could use a more aggressive sounding exhaust note. The ride is quiet and very refined without being too cushy or wallowy. The stereo/cd player was nice sounding and powerful but a little heavy on bass. The body structure seemed very tight as well w/ no rattles or flex over even really bad roads. The interior was fairly nice, but not up to VW/Audi standards. The plastic silver trim is a little cheesy and I'd rather have the optional wood trim over the standard issue (at least on the 300C) tortoise shell. It's also a little hard to park due primarily to the high beltline and not size, which is actually smaller than it looks. I know quite a few people here don't care for the styling, but I personally love it. I got more compliments and stares from complete strangers and co-workers than any vehicle I've ever owned, which could be a bad thing (i.e. speeding tickets, etc.). Overall, I REALLY liked it. I'm seriously thinking about getting one when my lease is up on my Passat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.