Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found a place near me in NC that sells remus exhaust systems pretty cheap. I have a 99 B5 30 valve and i called them. They only have systems for the 2.8L form 01.5 and up. Anybody here have a full system on there B5 sedan from remus? do they make it? I asked how much it was for the full system for the 01.5 and up (which includes dual exhaust) and he said 575$, and i asked how much would a muffler just be for my car and he said 440$, that is a little screwy to me :crazy: If anyone can help me out i'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Remus do not make anything except mufflers and catalizators.No headers or resonators.
If I correctly understood you you have 4Mo? Or not?

Check www.westcoastspeed.com , give a call to David Flesh (owner) you can reffer on me and ClubB5. I am sure he can give you good price, maybe even better than that. Anyhow, he will give you sane answers regarding Remus.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
:D My name is Nenad and David knows me like Nenad. I bought from him Remus for my 4Mo and sent quite few people from this forum to him, and my car was featured car on his site.
He will know, just tell him Nenad from Moscow. We chat quite a lot.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool man, thanks... but i think those are the universal mufflers which, if im correct, are only built to handle right around 180 hp, and since i have the 30v it would actually limit my exhaust gains.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I have the Oettinger Rear Sport Muffler that is made by Remus, and let me tell you it sounds great! I removed the resisnator the (suitcase) thingy under the rear passenger seat and made a custom pipe. The result, and deep throaty sound that just addes a great purr to the car along with removing back presure!

I highly recommand Remus, by far one of the best mufflers!

Rich :)

PS Oettinger or a Full on Remus made muffler it will sound amazing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.