Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone...

Hope someone can help me out. I've discovered a whole lot of dirt and crap under the rear seat of my Passat sedan. I will need to remove the rear seat bench (the backrests don't have to come off) so I can get under there and clean out all the yucky stuff...

Anyone know how to unscrew the rear bench and remove it?!

If anyone can help out, I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Mike

PS - pics of my Passat coming...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm sure it's the same between B5 and B5.5 to take the bottom portion of the rear seat off, but it's pretty simple. Just flip the bottoms forward and you see pins holding the seat frames in place, just pop the pins out and you should be able to just take the bottom portions right out without having to touch the top sections.

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
I'm sure it's the same between B5 and B5.5 to take the bottom portion of the rear seat off, but it's pretty simple. Just flip the bottoms forward and you see pins holding the seat frames in place, just pop the pins out and you should be able to just take the bottom portions right out without having to touch the top sections.
What are you taking about

To remove the lower you just pull up so the clips release, then push back and pull up so the rear clips release. for the rear in a non-4motion, you have to remove 1 torx screw in the middle of the seam were they fold, and also remove a 16mm bolt that holds the center seat belt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts