Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if thats the correct name but I mean the amber and red lights on the side of a B5.5 that come on with the headlights. How do you remove them?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I've read that if you push in on the end towards the front of the car, they should spring in and you can slide them, releasing the clip on the other side.

In practice, I have not successfully gotten this to work.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

·
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
just reposted my earlier post 8)

for the front

push the front end (towards front bumper) of it down until it slides into the bumper, that allow the piece to move and then slide it a bit more to clear those two little posts on the other end, then slide out.

Same goes for the rear, except you press on the far rear and it's the same process.

It's not that hard to do, some of them will be ridiculously easy and other will feel like they're impossible to move...but it's doable...

·
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Julian .. tankiessssss

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Yeah, thanks julianfang for your help yesterday on removing that piece shown above :thumbup: Guess I was not pushing hard enough :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, I didn't push hard enough on the spring end and ended up breaking the two plastic pins on the other end--nothing superglue can't fix though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts