Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing resonator, Too loud?

Well i want to remove my resonator c/ im told your loosing a good amount of wieght, and its the most restrictive part of the exhaust (besides cat)

Who has done this, do they like it?

Im also thinking about changing the muffler to a maganaflow one, but im worried its going to make an anoying rice burner noise :(

Let me know what you guys think and what you recomend!

-Digital :bow:

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
I just replaced the resonator with 2 90-degree-bend-3.5"-radius-2.5"-diameter elbows that I got free from a friend. There is no droning. It sounds great - very authoritative tone w/o being loud or ricey. And I got an extra 2-3 lbs boost on the top end - but I also have a random cat and a port-matched exhaust manifold. The rest of the exhaust is still 2.25" and I have the stock muffler.

The stock cat is hella restrictive. Check out this post: Random Cat - before/after dyno charts

·
Registered
678 Posts
I've tried both first i replaced the resonator with a just pipe but this was to load and way too much cabin drone after 2 weeks i cut the pipe again and put in straight through resinator. Now its much better a little loader but not much cabin drone is gone and still got better flow. Next job is to go 2.5" turbo back with hiflow cat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts