Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the site and have owned a Passat for nearly a year. Decided recently to complement my brushed aluminium interior with some aluminium door pins. The supplier on eBay told me that they are a simple screw fitting and easily changed. Mine wont budge and I'm not convinved they are a screw fitting. Before I get the pliers out and risk causing some damage can someone verify how the door pins are removed on the B5?
Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
Door pin replacement

There should be a small bump/indent/line on the top of the door pins. This bump/indent/line should be at the 12 o'clock position if you are inside the car looking directly down at the pin. Use plyers and something grippy (I used a large folded-up rubber band) to keep the pins from slipping and to protect them from getting chewed up. Twist the door pins 180 degrees (clockwise or counter-clockwise--it doesn't matter) until the bump/indent/line is at the 6 o'clock position. You should be able to now pull the pin straight up. Be careful when you place the new pin into the hole; it might slip down lower than you want.
I recently added the chrome door pins. The install took about 15-20 minutes once I realized what I was supposed to do. I prefer the stock dark plastic over the chrome door pin look, but I will leave them in and see how I feel later. Good luck with your install.

http://vw.oempl.us/article_info.php?articles_id=11&osCsid=57a3cec7a80420ebd1b7c3cc7fcd6619

This link says the bump/line/indent points forward and needs to be twisted until it points backwards. Either way, 180 degrees of twist should get it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts