Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was thinking of replacing my DV valve tommorow, and while I was at it I was going to replace some vacuum lines. Is it just me or are some of them impossible to get to without removing the intake manifold. I followed the one from the DV up and under the intake, and I could see where it attached right by the oil dipstick. I can't see how I could crimp one of those clamps on it, once I attached it to the fitting.

Also, I noticed there seemed to be two sizes of vacuum lines. the one from the DV valve seemed a larger diameter than the one from the manifold to the FPR for instance.

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Registered
25,996 Posts
Don't use the clamps. Buy some small zip ties.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Ya I bought 10ft of hose from Hose Techniques and they definitely did not give me any zipties :mad: I need to go locate some more.. was hoping for color matching from them. Now my car will look very halloweenish, Florange hoses and black ties :weirdo:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LMAO...

Orange hoses

I'll move the coolant tank and give it a try

·
Registered
917 Posts
PassatVariantPunk said:
I bought 10ft of hose from Hose Techniques and they definitely did not give me any zipties
When you buy the hose by the foot from them, you've got to buy the zipties separately from the "Accessories" section of their catalog.

Reasonable pricing: $2.49 for 100 ties.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I also replaced vacuum hoses this weekend, but I was not sure which hoses under the hood could be replaced. Does anyone have a picture of their engine bay with replaced hoses? :???:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would start with the ones that originate from or underneath the intake manifold. You're looking for those hoses with the weave cover around them. I ended up not getting anywhere on the vacuum hoses. Napa didn't any left of the right size, and autozone had like one guy working behind the counter talking on the phone to somebody with 3 people in line. I just went home and ordered the stuff online. I'll try again this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
atomicalex
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing