Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, I did it, I got ballpoint pen ink on my leather seats. Seems while I was framing the kitchen walls in the house, I ran out to the hardware store with a blue ballpoint pen in my back pocket with the cap off. The seat has ink all over it -- though no punctures, thank goodness.

I tried Lexol leather cleaner and the VW leather cleaner but no dice. Anyone know of a product that will remove ballpoint pen ink from our leather seats without destroying the leather?

Ugh... :cry:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Whatever you do - BE CAREFUL.
It may not be worth trying to clean with chemicals. My daughter left a crayon in the back seat which actually melted into it. At first it was a small spot. But after trying all the expert remedies, all that happed was that it smeared and spread. If annoys you long enough do what I did. Take it to a local place that can color match it with a dye. It was barely noticable after that and no one else was the wiser that had even happened.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the suggestions. i'm going to try to remove it this weekend. if i seriously fark it up, i guess i can always take it to a leather pro and have them fix it. $$$...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
mattsoft
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing