Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My remote unlocks the driver's door when you press it once. But when you press it the second time, it doesn't unlock the rears and passenger's door.
It unlocks all the doors if you press the unlock button from the inside of the driver's door.
It also unlocks when you use the key from the outside. First turn, only driver's door. second turn, the other three doors unlock.
I read that some people had it happen when the weather is cold or that some needed some lube. But I don't think that's my case. It's 50F degrees out. It can't need lube because the power locks work.
I can't figure this one out. Anyone? TIA.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
You need to click the unlock button twice in relatively quick succession. If you take more than 1 second to click it twice, it only does a single unlock.

Could that be the problem?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. I failed to mention that it's a 2001.5 passat and I had it for 2.5 years already. I never had a problem with this. First time this happened. Strange.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you click it too fast it will fail to recieve the signal, and if you do too slow it will get the unlock driver's side twice. Can't think of a reason why it won't open the other doors, unless it's the locks which you say are ok or your remote which seems to work in other situations.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Have you had the car on a OBDII scanner recently? VAG-COM or other? The code is within the comfort and convenience blocks and may have been changed not to unlock the other doors. I think it's an anti-carjacking setting, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. Check the Ross-Tech site for the codes and consult with a VAG-COM owner over a beer for his/her trouble. If I lived closer to NY, I'd do it for a Yuengling. :)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
it might be your drivers door latch with the whole power door lock module is in, i had similar experience with my 2001 and i had to spend 300$ cnd to0 get it fixed :cry:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For some strange reason, all of a sudden, everything works now. It's even more mysterious to me now that it works again. I didn't do anything to it.
Now I know this is NOT the reason, I replaced new headlight bulbs, one was burnt out.
Don't tell me that someone is going to come up with an explanation that bulbs and second click on remote to unlock doors are connected in some way. but if you have one, go for it. Thank you all for your responses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
02vw
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing