Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I press the lock button on the remote, all the doors lock except the driver's door. The alarm is activated and the red light beside the lock plunger blinks, but the plunger does not go down. The lock will function correctly once the outside temp warms up, or if I use the key to lock the door. This even effects the auto-lock function when driving. Can this be corrected by lubing a part in the door or will I need to replace a part of the locking system?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a problem with this at one time, only not with the auto-locking while driving. I talked to my dealership, which blows fat babies as well, and he said it was the actuator in the door. However I never got it fixed and I have not had a problem with it in a long time. The guy no longer works at the dealership cause he was an ass to the customers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
B/c it only happens when cold, I would suspect a problem that a little lube might fix, maybe in combination with a weak actuator. The inner panel is pretty easy to pull off (do a search for speaker or lighting installs for directions) so I'd try doing that before I took it in.

One question, if you pull the handle when it doesn't lock, but the alarm is armed, does the door open?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies,
CB, the door will open if I pull the handle, but doing so will set off the alarm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same crap different pile

Mine is the rear driver side. I kept giving my kids crap until it happened to me without them in the car. My door pin also has unusual wear on one side but it seems to be aligned properly. The door also seems to have a tight handle when opening??

Not sure what is up??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
BoopTA2
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing