Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased a CPO'd 2003 Passat 1.8T 5sp and am wondering if anyone has experience installing a remote start in one of these b5.5 platforms.

Would appreciate any help, especially with the OEM arm/disarm sequence, and the wiring of any relays to cover off the alarm, or clutch, and starter kill (anti-grind?).

The unit I have is an Autostart (made in Canada, which is where I'm from, Wpg, Manitoba actually) and it is the high end unit with the visual signal to let you know the car has started.

I'm comfortable working on electrical systems and know my way around schematics.

I used the search function but didn't find specific answers.

This forum has been a great resource and I would really like to thank everyone's posts that helped me in my decision and some subsequent problems after purchase.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, when I did the remote start search I found a ton of people saying not to put remote starts into manuals. I've owned mauals with remote starts and they are as fail safe as an atomatic install - when done correctly.

Thanks and hope to hear from someone!
Jp

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey jp, i have the same car '03 1.8t 5speed.
i just got a compustar remote start/alarm system
i need to install mine, did you do yours urslef or take it to a shop?
ima try to do it myself cause places are chargin me like $300!
-tc

·
Registered
66 Posts
hey jp, i have the same car '03 1.8t 5speed.
i just got a compustar remote start/alarm system
i need to install mine, did you do yours urslef or take it to a shop?
ima try to do it myself cause places are chargin me like $300!
-tc
i know this is an old post... but did you ever install your compustar unit in your 03' 5speed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts