Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've had my car, the remote worked fine. One push to unlock the driverside, 2 pushes to unlock all the doors. Middle button to unlock trunk. I've replaced the battery in the past and were able to reprogram the fob. Last week the remote started to act up as if the battery was running dry. Sometimes it would open the door on the first press, other times it will require multi presses. I also need to be closer to the car when using the remote.

Last night, I replaced the batteries and re-programmed the fob. Its the same. It doesnt lock or unlock the way it should. It requires multi presses of the buttons. The spare remote gives the same results. I'm able to operate the doors 40% of the time and the best result is standing right in front of the gas pump door. When it operates, it operates correctly. One press for driver door, 2 presses for all doors.

I suspect that the batteries that I replaced were not good and the spare fob's battery is also weak.
In the mean time,
Where is the receiver for the remotes? Where exactly is that convience module located? Is that unit mounted in the back just the horn?

I do not have any after market mods connected to the alarm, locks, windows, or immobilizer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Door lock module

DLM is bad. You can either replace it or if you're good with electronics, resolder the bad connections on the printed circuit board in the old DLM. Do a search for "door lock" and you will see this is a common problem. I just fixed the DLM on my 2000 Passat wagon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts