Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Passat (with Alientech module) and suddenly both remote keys don't work... I can open the doors with the key and they work fine that way, but can't lock or unlock the car with the buttons any more..

I have checked the batteries, checked all fuses, and tried to synchronize them according to the manual, but still not working.

Does anyone have any idea about what it can be?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Loose ground wire? ...retighten all the ground post screws at the base of the A pillar, and also at the relay panels up under the lower dash.

Loose T-Tap on the alientech wiring? ...you'd have to pull the door panels off (again) to check this.

If you can get access to a vag-com, the comfort/convenience control module may have a some error codes stored.

can't lock or unlock the car with the buttons any more..
Buttons on the remote keys, or buttons on the inside panels of the doors? (or both?)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies... Yes, the lights blink.

But I think it is the Alientech. Because if I turn the key and hold it there, the window start opening, and if I turn the key back while the window is moving, it stops where it is. With the Alientech correctly installed, it should continue to open all the way even if the key is removed. So I guess some cable have fallen off...

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
if you think it's the alientech, then unplug it and see if the remotes start working again. If that doesn't do it, then I would pull the CCM and have a look internally. The RF section for the remotes is prone to rusting, even if there are no other signs of moisture.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Under the floorboards in the driver's-side footwell. Remove the lower trim around the door frame & the dead pedal, then pull back the carpet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts