Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 pd130 210k full service history.New turbo last year
Would a remap for economy kill it as I have been told it would give her a little bit more go go ???
Any other suggestions would be appreciated already got replacement k &n

·
Registered
1998 Passat GLS Wagon AEB , 2003 Ford Ranger Edge
203 Posts
02 pd130 210k full service history.New turbo last year
Would a remap for economy kill it as I have been told it would give her a little bit more go go ???
Any other suggestions would be appreciated already got replacement k &n
In a Stage 1 and even stage 2 tunes you really don't mess with fueling in terms of flow rate. In your case, the parameters Id change would be fuel pressure, since we are talking diesel therefore no ignition timing Id increase injection timing, of course, boost tables and a few other parameters like throttle position. This will give you power at the top end but keep low end power...well... low. This will give you good fuel economy but when you want a little fun WOT is there waiting ready to seduce.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do you have AVF or AWX ?

Economy remap on something that already gives great mpg probably won't improve so best to go full beans .

Mpg wise I would say egr disable and decat give a little .

The limit for the turbo is 180 bhp which isn't bad , beyond that you are looking at hybrid or BV43 off Audi 2.0 170 bhp tdi but that then introduces lag.

The K&N is a pointless and bad idea .

0 to gain and the dust it will let through will pepper the compressor blades of your nice new turbo .

Not hard to see why...

Brown Purple Pink Material property Magenta

A well-known guy now with a GT3 spanking track TT and tuned 3.0 tdi B8 Avant daily put his B5.5 with BV43 200+bhp on Midland DYNO and then took out the air filter simulating a so called performance free flowing air filter and it gained just 1 bhp .

Stick with OE , Hengst is the best , with it's unrestricted superior surface area filtration .

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Product Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 3 of 3 Posts