Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if relocating my climatronic unit from it's current postion in the top din down to the middle din is possible without screwing up the climatronic?

I have a 99 V6 GLX and the center console has three din's. In the top din is the climatronic. In the second din is my audio unit and below that there is a empty din (a little longer though).

In essence I would like to have my new screen in the top din followed by the climatronic in the center din and my audio unit in the final din............Has anyone done this before?

All help is appreciated! thanks.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Go to the information section and you can do the double din mod. Even though you have climatronic and not the manual controls you can still perform the mod without problems. Actually it will be a little easier for you since you don't have any mechanical cables to deal with. Let me guess, is your vehicle a 98-99???

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Lee718 said:
I have a 99 V6 GLX
Joker, it looks like he already said he had a 99. Way to use those "psychic" power!! LOL!! :lol: :lol:

J/K. You are correct about it being a lot easier to do the DD mod. I'd love to have had a Climatronic when I modded mine.

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
quality_sound
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing