Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey B5 experts!
I'm due for my 40K mile service, and good 'ol Stevens Creek VW service just quoted me $659.95. I told the guy that I did the oil change, air filter, and cablin filter myself, so he said he could knock the price down to $550.95 which I still feel is way too much. I also asked what they would charge to install new brake rotors and pads if I supplied my own parts, and he said $240 for two extra hours of labor! I'm thinking they'll have the wheels off to do the brake fluid flush anyway - why would they have to charge me two extra hours of labor?! I told him that their prices were excessive, and that I would have to call an independent mechanic. He didn't seem to give a damn.

So...

Can anyone recommend an honest indy shop in the San Jose area? I could drive up the peninsula or down south, but I'd rather not have to drive over an hour.

Thanks y'all.
Tony

·
Registered
2,105 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
A year ago I would have said New Dimensions. I haven't used them yet, but I hear that Bugformance has picked up most of New Dimensions customers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

I just made an appointment at Bugformance for next week. They quoted me around $315 for the 40K service (since I've already done the oil, air and cabin filter). They also said they'd install my front rotors and pads for $95 additional(I'm supplying parts). I feel those prices are totally reasonable ( compared to what Stevens Creek VW wanted to charge me! see my original post), and the dude on the phone was super friendly. If my service goes well next week, they have a customer for life - and I send all my VW friends there.

Clubb5 rules.
Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts