Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my stock system and my FM reception stinks with the S2K antennae and I have ZERO AM reception. Can anybody suggest anything to get good reception? I'd like to keep my stock non-monsoon deck.
Thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
IT seems that there is a wide variety of GOOD VS BAD with the s2k antenna. I have one a it works great, my FM/AM reception is better than before. Go with the vw sharan antenna or back to stock if it's that bad.

-chris

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hey JR,

Do you get AM reception w/ the stock antenna? Did this just happen recently? You might have radio/cable issues other than the S2K antenna. I have my stock antenna if you want to test.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed it about a year ago and had no issues with the stock antenna. When I put this one it was great for about 2 days then dove. I've not really had an issue but I've only recently decided to keep the stock stereo so I really want to make it work.

I know Chas had some issues with his for awhile until he did something to his engine or vagged it or something. He's been kinda vague about it though.

Maybe I'll give you a shout and try your stock antenna. I have no clue where mine went. I packed it up for a trip and it didn't ever come home with me. Go figure.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
The S2K antenna works great in our Jetta. I have the Sharan antenna and it was pretty good until I installed my MFD - the MFD does not amplify the signal as strong as the Monsoon HU so I had to revert back to the OEM whip and it is pretty good now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is the same issue I had when I improperly connected my antenna to a new head unit. The antenna adapter I bought didn't have a power line to go to the antenna amplifier. I got no AM channels, and very poor FM, especially when I was near a transmitting radio station tower.

So anyway, check to see that power is getting to the amplifer in the antenna, if the S2k antenna works the same as the stock one.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
^^ that is true as well, I believe the VAG-COM can tell you if there is power - in fact, I know it can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts