Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from my Veedub guy today, he said that there's a recall and my car was included (2002 1.8T), something about trans module software...blah blah blah, brains of the car, blah blah blah won't do anything to the chip programming (that's all i really cared about :lol: ) and he said he's gonna replace my coil packs AGAIN! I guess cuz they feel like it, they've already been replaced twice and nothing has ever gone wrong. Oh yeah did i mention I love the Dealership here? they rock! but anyways.... has anyone heard anything about this recall? If not I'll find out more about it on Monday, supposedly my car is the first around here that's gonna get fixed..... I guess they haven't mailed anything out yet?

yeah okay, i'll get studying now :p

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahah yeah they're the best... it was actually -phone rings at 9am.... "hi Christina do you know who this is? Yeah...it's tye.....(baisee's sleepy) I haven't heard from you in a while, do you not love me anymore? or have you managed not to break anything in a while for once ...... :p

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I have a 2002 1.8t w/tip and I had my coil packs replaced about 8 months ago. Never had any problems before, haven't had any since, and I haven't heard of any other problems with the replacement coils. I woud definately like to hear more when you get the information. :nervous:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
baisee00 said:
hahah yeah they're the best... it was actually -phone rings at 9am.... "hi Christina do you know who this is? Yeah...it's tye.....(baisee's sleepy) I haven't heard from you in a while, do you not love me anymore? or have you managed not to break anything in a while for once ...... :p
LMAO, that sounds like my dealership. I get on the phone asking to schedule an appointment and they say "this must be Becca",..........hmmmm, not sure if that is good or bad :lol: Count yourself lucky girl.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You're lucky. My dealership is a bunch of monkeys with attitudes. I asked about the coil pack recall during my first oil change and the service manager said "yeah, I wouldn't worry about it". I hate having to take my car to them, but I'm afraid it someone else messes it up I'm screwed.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beavis said:
You're lucky. My dealership is a bunch of monkeys with attitudes. I asked about the coil pack recall during my first oil change and the service manager said "yeah, I wouldn't worry about it". I hate having to take my car to them, but I'm afraid it someone else messes it up I'm screwed.
Yeah monkies.....that's what I had to deal with at Home (SF) so now I only get the car serviced down here in SLO-town. For the coil packs when they first found out about the problem there were so many cars they needed to fix that they were only replacing the ones that were acting up.....and then a couple months later they sent letters saying they were going to replace all of them...... i had them replaced the first time.... they "made" them misfire so I could get the replaced :lol: but if you haven't gotten them replaced yet, do so now, i think they have to replace them for you, do you still have the letter?

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
NoneRock said:
I guess the combo of a nicely modified Passat + young lady owner = being remembered by your dealer (and them fighting over who gets to make the phone call :lol: )
This is exactly what I was thinking while reading through the thread. :lol:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Flippped said:
NoneRock said:
I guess the combo of a nicely modified Passat + young lady owner = being remembered by your dealer (and them fighting over who gets to make the phone call :lol: )
Next time try walking in with a skirt and some makeup Larry! or would that make it worse???? :)

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
RL331 said:
Flippped said:
NoneRock said:
Next time try walking in with a skirt and some makeup Larry! or would that make it worse???? :)
:evil:

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just dropped the car off. So did you guys know that VW is wasting money? hahah what a shocker huh? So they changed my coils last year.... around may i think and VW paid the dealer for it but then apparently they didn't log it into their main computers. So today when I brought the car in for the other recall they ran my VIN and it said I didn't get them changed yet. So theyr'e doing it again. haha yay new coil packs for baisee!!! I need to harrass him more about this other recall, it says on the invoice thing PERFORM WV CAMPAIGN, UPDATE TCM. He said he didn't read the whole service bulletin yet but the car is supposed to shift better afterwards? it's just a software upgrade. I'll ask him which years are affected and let you guys know later. :lol: it's always fun when I bring the car in to the dealer :weirdo:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
14 Participants
baisee00
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing