Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car came from the dealer with about 44psi in all tires.

The door jam says that it should be 36psi all around. So, naturally, I set them to this and of course the display is now saying that the tire pressure is low ...

I asked the service department about this and they informed me that I should set it 2psi above what the jam says to avoid those messages ... Sounds odd but, Ill buy it. Not too far from the 36 psi ...

Well, I added up to 38psi and guess what??? :thumbdown No change. Still says tire pressure low ...

I dont want to go back to 44 psi as it makes the car ride like a rock ... So, Ill just ride at 38psi until I get this taken care of.

Now, the manual says that in this situation, I must take it to the dealer to be recalibrated. :icon_eek:

Well, this actually seems a bit silly. Im wondering if any one here knows how to do this myself.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ...

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
go to the dealer.
tell them the pressure YOU want being it is YOUR car and have them take care of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do.

I just had figured that if the door jam says 36psi that the system would have come from the factory calibrated like that ... Odd that it is so far off ...

I was just curious as to if I could juet set it to 36 or 38 myself ...

Thanks for the response

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
you can adjust the nominal pressure via the vag-com, or the 1551/1552. the light should go on under rapid pressure loss and if the pressure is 6-7psi under nominal. you can also see what each sensor reads via the vag-com. note that when stopped, the sensors will not activate unless there is a rapid pressure change.

u can read more about tpms here, if interested:

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228639

btw, this info is good for us-spec style tpms only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts