Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got some good progress done. I took care of some of the sections that were peeling. Once I get some more 1000 grit I will continue working.
t8.jpg
t7.jpg
t6.jpg
t5.jpg
t4.jpg
t2.jpg
t1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Engine is all put together. have a few last little things to wait on before I can get her going. Parts all back from Jet hot and installed ^_^.
r1.jpg
r2.jpg
r4.jpg
r5.jpg
r6.jpg
r7.jpg
r10.jpg
r10.jpg
r11.jpg
r14.jpg
r16.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
damn you are fast....!.....give us a side pick of the skins ,18inch?
LOL I really have to be. Can not be idle when it is Our family Chariot. Picture is a little older, but close to same stance anyway. A8 18x8" Monoblocks. I also have S4 brakes on her too. I will post those pictures tomorrow. I have Rennline wheel stud conversion on all four hubs since I needed 20MM spacers to let the A8 wheels fit over the S4 calipers
20181006_173933.jpg

·
Moderator/Administrator
23,996 Posts
Wow, that much spacer? How does the S4 brake setup compare to the TT/A8 upgrade? I have it on mine. D2 A8 rotor (312mm) with MkI TT 225hp caliper carriers. No change whatsoever except that you need at least a 16" wheel

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Did the caliper's two mounting align or did you have to have machined?
I changed the Whole upright, Hub and Axle.
Wow, that much spacer? How does the S4 brake setup compare to the TT/A8 upgrade? I have it on mine. D2 A8 rotor (312mm) with MkI TT 225hp caliper carriers. No change whatsoever except that you need at least a 16" wheel
Yeah, so keep my A8 wheels. the Hub it self sits farther in on the S4 and the Caliper sticks out pretty far. I changed out the whole upright, hub and axle from B5 Passat to B5 S4.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now would be a good time to look at doing an electric fan (EFK) in place of the belt driven one. Free up a pony or two.
Shouldn't it already have electric fans as my 03 B5 sedan has two stock and most all imports and domestic 4cyl or 6cyl cars since the 70's or you talking about adding a pusher?

·
Moderator/Administrator
23,996 Posts
Shouldn't it already have electric fans as my 03 B5 sedan has two stock and most all imports and domestic 4cyl or 6cyl cars since the 70's or you talking about adding a pusher?
Nope. The Passat B5 and B5.5 with the 1.8T, 2.8 V6 and TDI have belt driven main fans with an aux electric fan for the AC. I know. Threw me for a loop when I first saw it. Interesting though, my 2004 B6 A4 that I bought 2 months before my Passat had dual electric fans.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts