Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. rebuilding my AUG code 1.8T. I completely stripped the engine down to the block.
degreased everything, and coated the parts with Rustolum X2 Paint. the stuff works really REALLY good on engine parts.
Parts so far.
DnJ Forged 81mm Pistons
Maxspeeding Forged Rods with ARP 2000 bolts
ITM Bearings, Gaskets and Seals. with a Victor Rienz HG set.
New Tensioner Pad unit and Chain.
Gates Timing belt.
ITM Waterpump
I am also doing a Fully external oil cooler. I completely removed the water/oil cooler. cut the tube down and fitted a 10AN port adapter that is in my pictures. After I create all lines needed I will add pictures of that!
please enjoy. this have been heaps of fun for me.
res 6 eng.jpg
res 5 eng.jpg
eng1 res.jpg
eng2 res.jpg
eng3 res.jpg
eng4 res.jpg
eng5 red.jpg
eng6 res.jpg
eng7 res.jpg
eng8 res.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pictures really make it a lot brighter then it is, but will mellow out a bit once installed in our car and the other parts are around. Thanks man, have been a lot of fun. going for 300hp right now since we are still FWD only. I am wanting to do the AWD 6speed system in her next.

·
Registered
26,781 Posts
Looks nice. Did you paint the contact points between the brackets? If so, you need to clean it off as some are needed to conduct electricity.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks nice. Did you paint the contact points between the brackets? If so, you need to clean it off as some are needed to conduct electricity.
Hey PZ, Thank you. I tried to leave as many of the mount spots bare for grounding and all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basically done for now, Until my Header, Cat, and Hot housing come back from jet hot coatings. the Silver Fuel rail and coating the water pipe Silver really toned down the Orange as I thought it would.
eng11 res.jpg
eng10 res.jpg
eng12 res.jpg

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,712 Posts
Now would be a good time to look at doing an electric fan (EFK) in place of the belt driven one. Free up a pony or two.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,712 Posts
Honestly, I cannot remember. Whatever fit in the shroud and was shallow enough not to hit the nub from the fan pulley that was removed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah not worries VAGguy, I will do some checking and measurements. seams like a 16 inch would do for the space.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts