Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my driver's side rear window stopped responding to the driver switch controls but still works with the window switch on the door. Anybody had the same problem? Hopefully, replacing the driver switch will fix it? TIA

·
Registered
917 Posts
Probably replacement will do it.

With a VAG-COM, you can test to see if the central convenience module is reading the switch closing. Connect teh VAG-COM, and access the Central Convenience Module. Read group 002 to read the switches on the driver's door. The blocks are:
1) driver's side window switch
2) front passenger side window switch
3) rear left window
4) rear right window

Again, these are for the switches on the driver's door.

Mind you, doing this test won't necessarily confirm that it is a switch problem. The problem could also be in the wiring between the switch and the convenience module. But the switch is the likely failure point.

You can also check for diagnostic codes on that controller.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. Do you know if the driver window control is a single piece for all four windows or are they separate switches for each window under the arm rest panel?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking in my Haynes manual, the instructions for door panel removal doesn't seem to address how to access the driver switch controls. Can anyone post specifics on this? Thanks again.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Try this link

http://www.b5glx.com/alien_remote/remote.htm
I am guessing the passenger door panel is about the same as the drivers (I had that one off with no problem to install the alien) You should be able to access the switch once it is off.

BTW, as long as this thread is about windows....

My rear passenger window does not want to go down, it did last week. Motor is running but sounds like something broke.
Is this happened to anyone before?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts