Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow my rear passenger window is no longer attached to the mechanism. When you try to open the window, you hear the motor but the window stays in place. Put your hand against the window and push down, it slides down. The window can be closed by the switch and stays in place.

Is this a repair I can attempt myself? If not, would it be better (and cheaper) to go to an auto glass place for this instead of the dealer?

·
Registered
88 Posts
i'd atleast attempt to fix this myself. it'll save you money and gain you experience esp. if you succeed. if you're not able to fix it yourself, i'd head on over to the dealer. just my two cents...
good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
not too hard... Just fixed it this weekend. do a search. I'm pretty sure there's a thread on it here.

Other resource is: http://www.taligentx.com/passat/
Just look up the door mechanism repair.

Should only take 1/2 hr.
one screw at the bottom door panel, tug on the panel, taking care of discponnecting all electricals. pop off the round plug (hockey puck size). lower window til you see the hole in the window guide. fish your hand around to get this white plastic plug that secures the window to the window mechanism. plug it back in the hole... reassemble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.