Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i got a rear window diffuser from Dubstop Imports. I just got it painted but my body shop says they wont install it with the adhesive that came with it. Their reasoning is that they do not know how to attach it to have a good hold, so they are gonna leave me to do it. Has anyone done this themselves? any advice on how to attach it would be tons of help. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
At the very least, you need to use something (full strength Simple Green or ?) to remove all the wax where the adhesive will make contact with the paint, yet not harm the paint.

Try to wait until you have a low humidity condition to apply the adhesive. After you have the diffuser installed, give everything ~24 hrs to cure before any triple-digit road speed test.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its actually gonna be applied to the window but its hollow underneathe so theres really no place to put the liquid adhesive except on the small edge which doesnt look like it would be enough surface area to make contact with the window

·
Registered
233 Posts
Prevents nuclear fusion...... The last thing you want is a series of mini fusion explosions forming on your rear window when you start hitting 80+. I'd imagine that'd seriously ruin your paint and probably drop your WHP by 25-30 :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
its actually gonna be applied to the window but its hollow underneathe so theres really no place to put the liquid adhesive except on the small edge which doesnt look like it would be enough surface area to make contact with the window
if this adhesive/epoxy is strong, then it will hold. every gorilla glued bricks together?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
You should get some thin pieces of wood. Glue them together on that back of the diffuser until they stick out far enough to be flush with the window.

Then you glue the wood to the window and you're done.

No visible glue marks and no mess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts