Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I bought my wife an 06 passat the problem is she is an instant gradification type person... so when we went to the dealership she wanted the car that day and in a certain coler scheme ect....long story short she is lacking some luxurys in her car I would like to try and put in myself. Some Im sure might be way to expensive to do some maybe not with the right hunting online. The mods are autodimming rear view, dual climate control and steering wheel with the controls on it. the question is my car plug and play ie even though I dont have it the wiring is already setup and there just hidden and for example if I take the steering wheel off in theory there whould just be a plug for the new wiring harness from a steering wheel with controls to go on her car and have this pattern follow the rest of the items...? I am not trying to be lazy by not searching all the post I just barely get time to get online anymore... thanks

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
i doubt they will work. if the passat is like the t-reg they most likely wont because of all the sensors and onborad puters.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
x2. if you want dual climate and steering wheel controls, you're better off buying a car with one. also, i believe that the steering wheel on my gti with the controls retails for something like $800. the auto dimming rear view wouldn't be too hard to install, but it's defiantely not plug and play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts