Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently lowered my B5 and I love the way it handles now, my buddy with a GLI is telling me I'll love it twice as much with a rear sway bar. Heard a lot of good things, but just curious who's got the best, and if anyone has had problems with oversteer after the install and started breaking the back end loose on accident

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Look at the SRSVW(.com) bar.
Expensive, but well built and supposed to preform better than teh competition. Mine should arrive in the next few weeks. :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
i have a '99 passat wagon 1.8t tip with bfgoodrich g-force sport tires, stock suspension + 28mm neuspeed rear sway bar. the car deff. over steers now, which means that i'm not going fast enough, hitting the gas will straiten her out.

I'm working on getting an upper strut bar and front sway bar now, and a set of shocks. I dont care for lowering my car.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
i have a '99 passat wagon 1.8t tip with bfgoodrich g-force sport tires, stock suspension + 28mm neuspeed rear sway bar. the car deff. over steers now, which means that i'm not going fast enough, hitting the gas will straiten her out.

I'm working on getting an upper strut bar and front sway bar now, and a set of shocks. I dont care for lowering my car.
A stiffer front sway bar is not a good idea, will really unbalance a car. Strut bar's good though.
Also, if you want ebtter susepnsion w/out lowering, look at shine's real street suspension

1 - 7 of 7 Posts