Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has a rear spoiler on the trunk which I believe was installed as a dealer option ( I'm the 2nd owner). Its not the one thats kinda squared off on the ends, its more rounded and follows the contour of the rear window. My question is, how is this held on? It looks like it uses double sided tape like the door trim, buy I'm not sure, could be bolted on too. I really havn't had the time to take the inner trunk lid panel off to see if it is bolted down. If it is double sided tape, whats the best way to remove it...heat gun and adhesive remover? I've really never liked the spoiler since I got the car and I imagine it cant help gas mileage either.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
The Votex rear spoiler is bolted to the trunk lid. The Vortex Project B5 glosses over the installation. Not sure if the installation process changed during the model facelift for B5.5. Is this what your's looks like?

*If linking the pic is a no-no feel free to remove

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I think I'm gonna leave it on. I got to thinking today....wait a minute, mine has a third brake light, so its gotta have a hole in the trunk lid for the wiring to pass through. Duh! So, I think I'm gonna just leave it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
mackman
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing