Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I will admit that I am a retard...I just bought a 2001.5 GLX 4Motion and love it. Have read the manual fairly extensively, but cannot for the life of me find the release button to fold down the rear seat? Help?

·
Registered
472 Posts
its beside the headrests.. near the small rear window(the little one that doesn't go down).. just pull up on it then pull t he seat down.. you can lock it too so the valet pepole don't steal stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a cover on it or something? I don't see it? Or maybe some Passats didn't have folding seats?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Rear seats on a 4mo can't be folded down according to my memory. So, good that you mentioned you have a "2001.5 GLX 4Motion" if not we'll be thinking about it forever.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhhh....thanks. I would have torn the car apart looking for it. Odd that 4Motions wouldn't offer that feature? It does have the ski boot.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
bltkmt said:
Ahhhh....thanks. I would have torn the car apart looking for it. Odd that 4Motions wouldn't offer that feature? It does have the ski boot.
No problem. Remember this coz I was in my buddy's GLX V6 4mo trying to figure out how to flip his down too until he said "Mine doesn't fold down like yours because it's a 4mo..."

·
Registered
109 Posts
After driving my 4Motion for 4 months i attempted to fold down the seat last night - even called my dealership (from Home Depot) for tips as the release tabs were not visible as in the manual, he was no help and didnt mention this.

now i learn here the 4Motions dont that feature? - bunk! but thanks for the post

if my snowboard doesnt fit through the center armrest portal im gonna be pissed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some 4motions do have the fold-down rear seat. For instance, my 04 GLS 4motion does. I read somewhere there was a change in 03 or 04, but I don't remember the details for sure.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Rucker said:
Some 4motions do have the fold-down rear seat. For instance, my 04 GLS 4motion does. I read somewhere there was a change in 03 or 04, but I don't remember the details for sure.
Yeah the change was, they came out with the 4mo GLS. 4mo GLS does have this feature but not on any other trim levels.

·
Registered
696 Posts
that is weird, but understandable, i was looking for the ski bag in the armrest on my car, and was pissed when it wasnt there. so im forced to fold down the drivers side seat. hey Jesterlou, i think youre gonna need a roof rack, lol ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts