Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry...did a search no solutions...

Have any of you experienced your 60% side rear seat vibrating on the rear decklid when going over rough terrain? IE road reflectors, sharp little bumps etc...??? I was thinking of applying some camper tape (foam strips with adhesive backing) to the lip of the decklid where it contacts the seat back...figured it might help..I can replicate the noise by punching softly the seat above the armrest below the headrest in the middle. Anyone else had this?
-cbx

·
Registered
481 Posts
Mine does the same. If you grab the backrest, you can feel the play.Currently it is teh only squeek and did start to drive me nuts. The play is inside the latch,so you solution may not work.

One solution is to hire a small person to sit in the back.I find this stops the noise.Howevr my small person more than makes you for the rattle !

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
If you spray the latch mechanism in the seatback with white grease, it will make it sticky enough to cut back on or prevent the rattling. My dealer did this when I complained about it and it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...but I think MY noise is caused by the seat back hitting the decklid...not near the latch...my latches are tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.