Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I activate the rear fog indicator in the cluster on my 2021 Passat? Is there a pin I can simply connect on the back of the cluster? I don’t want to take it apart and stick an LED in there. The reason why the symbol on the switch doesn’t light up is because when the knob is pulled out, the symbol is hidden behind it.
Car Automotive design Steering part Steering wheel Personal luxury car

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,755 Posts
I didn't know the NA Passats had a rear fog. You verified one or two taillights are lit a little brighter when you pull out on the switch? How many detents on the switch when you pull? One or two? If only one, it should be for the front fogs.

Reactions: Urlik

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I installed the Euro switch and a left inner tail light with a rear fog that I bought on eBay. The light was an exact fit, so I assume it is an option, perhaps for Canada or Mexico.
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,755 Posts
Nice! I believe for yours, it needs to be coded via VCDS

·
Super Moderator
14,103 Posts
Probably does need to be coded. I know I had to code it for my 2016 Golf R. Then again since the B7 was a NA model only there may not even be support in the cluster for a rear fog light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran a wire directly from the switch to the light, so if there were a direct connection to the cluster that I could connect to the switch, I would avoid coding. The symbol is visible. On my old 2000 Jetta, it didn’t have an LED behind it, but I believe that all more recent clusters have LEDs behind every symbol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts