Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried using search but couldn't find a thread. My rear cupholder on my 99 V6 has broken. The slide out part comes all the way out. Has anyone r and r'd this cupholder. How to??
Thanks

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
They're a breakaway design. At one point in my life, I had a PDF file on how to fix the rear cupholder, but I can't find it... :mad:

Anyways, the trick is to get the sliding piece under the rear ashtray all the way out. You remove the rear ashtray, which will reveal the guts of the cupholder's sliding assembly. You gotta reach in and fiddle with the mechanisms until you can get the whole assembly to slide towards the back (i.e., the opening), and then you simply slide the cupholder back on from the driver's side to the passenger's side. Ta-da, you're done.

Andy

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not to sway from this topic, but in my 2003, the cupholders are in the rear armrest. Has anyone had a problem closing the plastic cover on the back armrest?
Mine is stuck somehow beween the 2 seats and i cant seem to close the thing :mad:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
same problem. Its been broke since i bought the car used last year. Also the little panel on the end of it doesn't stay on either but i'll probably just super glue that.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I know im new but when i got my car mine was broken so here is what i did

Get a screwdriver or something with a point, the ash tray cover come off on one side with a little pressure, if you can move the cupholder back and forth you can begin to see how it works and how it is held on. i just took the screw driver and messed with it until it came off (the are 2 clips i the back). the front of the cupholder actually snapped off on mine, i thought i broke ti but it actually comes off

It took me about 20-30 minutes to do this and was very simple. Pics tomorrow if i have time :thumbup: Sorry so short and simple, its very late and i going to bed

good luck and hope this helps!
Ethan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
turbo2000
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing