Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought home my new GLS 4Motion 5m wagon last night (woo hoo!) and want to keep my rear clean. I did a search on cargo mats and only saw 2 choices - Gorilla, which seems to be a VW accessory, or the WeatherTech product. Any others out there? Any recommendations. I don't plan on carrying much wet stuff, my primary concern is keeping the original carpeted area as clean as possible.

This forum is great (as is vwvortex), and I 'm sure I'll be cursing you all as I'm tempted to mod away after it's broken in. :roll:

TIA,

MikeB.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I have the WeatherTech cargo liner (along with a set of WeatherTech floor mats) on my B5.5 sedan for a few years now -- been very happy with it, no complaints.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got the VW Gorilla gear, It's awesome. Easy to clean and it comes with velcro L shaped thingy's you can use to box in stuff so it doesn't slide around.

I highly reccomend.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Got the Weathertech - the carpet underneath it looks like new. I like it and it cleans very easily.

I seldom keep anything visible in the "wayback," but if you do, then that Gorilla Gear looks like the ticket.

PS: Welcome to the Club!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I use a piece of army canvas that is the width of the area in back, and fold the front under when the seats are up. When they are down I unfold it and cover the entire area. For holding stuff in place I use a matthews sandbag that I got from a job in Pittsburgh. Congrats on your new wagon.
I want one!! :cry:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got the VW mats with the velcro box holders in the back of my 2003 W8 Wagon, work great!
I carry a rubbermaid box with me all of the time with bicycle helmet, shoes, tools etc.
Had a problem with the mat creeping a bit during stops/starts.
Folded both rear seats forward, placed a cut-to-length section of rubber fuel line between the backs of the seats and the lip of the mat, locked seats back upright... no more sliding!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
mojo2396
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing