Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've got the exact same kit. I can't remember if I bought it on ebay or at Harbor Freight. It's actually $25 when you include shipping. It's an absolute necessity for doing rear brakes on your Passat or most cars with rear disk brakes.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the exact same kit. I can't remember if I bought it on ebay or at Harbor Freight. It's actually $25 when you include shipping. It's an absolute necessity for doing rear brakes on your Passat or most cars with rear disk brakes.
Actually my wife's car (an '06 Solara) and another car I did rear discs on (a Caravan), used a "tiny drum brake inside the hub" as the parking brake. It's a less finicky mechanism, although it takes more parts and drives up the price of the rear rotors, which now need a machined "brake drum" surface inside the hub. I was hoping to get more use out of the kit than I have.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I got this same kit on Amazon Prime for about $25 shipped. These are indispensable. We have several VWs, so it gets used a few times a year usually. I've also loaned it out or helped others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts