Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I read about this a couple of times on this forum, but my search is coming up empty. The regular price for this tool is 39.99. But there's some trick where you put the item number in manually, it comes up as 19.99. Had something to do with using the "Order from
Printed Catalog" window on the left. Anyone remember how to do this trick?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
Free Bump, I was looking for this two weeks ago with no results???
It might have been a sale that ended last year?
I too remember that post but have been unable to find it. I actually thought it was through JC Whitney? (I thought i remembered "JCW" in the post)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
go to the h-f website, hit the "order from printed catalog", then type in 40732-2VGA and you will get the discount price. hth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
volmaniac said:
go to the h-f website, hit the "order from printed catalog", then type in 40732-2VGA and you will get the discount price. hth
thanks volmaniac...

HOLY COW! $3.95 shipping PLUS $5.95 "handling and processing"? :roll: I don't think I'll be ordering from this company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
or order more stuff. i think the $6 h&s fee is dropped if you order over $50 worth of stuff, so it is like a 10% discount if you hit $50 on the order. when you find something you like, always do the "order from printed catalog" trick and put in different "x" vga numbers to see if the thing is on sale. i only ordered from them once (got the brake tool, a roller seat, 1/2-inch breaker bar, some other odds & ends) but so far the stuff has been ok for around the house, non-professional use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,154 Posts
Triumph said:
volmaniac said:
go to the h-f website, hit the "order from printed catalog", then type in 40732-2VGA and you will get the discount price. hth
thanks volmaniac...

HOLY COW! $3.95 shipping PLUS $5.95 "handling and processing"? :roll: I don't think I'll be ordering from this company.
Until they figure a way to "out source" shipping & handling to India, 9 buckaroos seems pretty reasonable to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's 10 bucks, but anyway... 10 bucks is a ripoff. for s&h. i'd rather do without, cause i'm just that stubborn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Here is a coupon for Harborfreight.com.

Coupon # 341-886-857 (for the free shipping/$5.00 off $40.00)

The free shipping doesn't get rid of the $5.95 charge. If you don't spend $40, I believe you still get free shipping.

Expires May 1 2004
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
Even with the shipping its still a deal. Cheapest I could find that anywhere was 39.99 + shipping or $39.99 + Tax at autozone. I added the roller seat and air tank and shipping was free so I figure I got the tool for the same price as autozone, the seat for $10 and an airtank free :thumbup: :thumbup: Now THATS-A-DEAL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,741 Posts
Why do you need allllllllllllllllllllllllll those sizes?

Why not rent the tool from Autozone for free? Yeah. $0. Or buy one from Autozone for $5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
Well... In the last month I have done a Mazda 323, Honda Van, Dawoo Langanza, V6 Passat and my car. once word gets out you know how to do brakes your freinds hit you up :sad: ... then you need " allllllllllllllllllllllllll those sizes"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
wchp said:
Well... In the last month I have done a Mazda 323, Honda Van, Dawoo Langanza, V6 Passat and my car. once word gets out you know how to do brakes your freinds hit you up :sad: ... then you need " allllllllllllllllllllllllll those sizes"
I could not agree with you more :cry: :lol: I do brake at least once a month!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Price increase?

I just checked harborfreight.com following the above procedure and the proce is $39.99. Where can I get the set for $30.00?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top