Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! I thought I would install my new rotors and pads today and I thought it would be simple like the front. I can not get the piston in the caliper to compress it keeps moving out a bit and I have to tool that I can compress it with - I need to get it back together for work in the am - any how to articles links etc...???? :???:

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it figured out. I used a c-clamp and the tool for my grinder that is used to change the wheel has to prongs that stick out that made for a perfect fit and with the comp of the clamp I got it down with a little time. Now off to do the other side and a few more beers!! Man its cold here in Dallas

Oh and thanks for the link - I guess I should have reasearched before hand - live and learn :lol:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

·
Loose female member
4,889 Posts
PNWdriver said:
Wouldn't removing the brake fluid reservoir cap reduce some of the pressure on the piston?
Nope, the reservoir vents to atmosphear as the fluid level increases when you let your foot off of the brake.
Now, he might want to crack the bleed valve on the caliper. that will releve the pressure as you compress the piston into the caliper.
Of course, now were into having to bleed the brakes and that's a whole new post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts