Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to decide if i should buy the chrome kit door handles for my black b5.5. i honestly cant decide, and i really like to be sure on everything (it took me 2 weeks to decide to debadge lol). does anyone have the chrome kit or have any insight on it. is it easily removable with no residue if i dont like it?

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
I actually debated the same thing. If you get the chrome door handles then you should get the chrome mirror coveres too. Make sure that all the chrome accents the rest of the chrome :lol:
Personaly it is a very nice subtle touch that does a great job of making the factory chrome strips stand out.
Here is a pic of Julains car, he has the chrome door handles and chrome mirror covers:

:bow: :bow: :bow:
HTH
And sorry i dont know how they attach so i cant help with if you can remove them and not have any resedue. Sorry

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
if it took you two weeks to decide on debadging, then i'm not sure what to say about the chrome handles. They are easy to put on and relatively easy to take off. It's mounted using double sided tape, so whatever residue might remain on the handles can easily be cleaned up with googone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
pafc said:
i'm trying to decide if i should buy the chrome kit door handles for my black b5.5. i honestly cant decide, and i really like to be sure on everything (it took me 2 weeks to decide to debadge lol). does anyone have the chrome kit or have any insight on it. is it easily removable with no residue if i dont like it?
I have the chrome bowls and handles on my Silverstone. I think it looks great.
on a silver or silverstone car. Not sure on black?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.