Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its been one of those nights tonight. I put new brakes on my car tonight at work, all the way around ( PBR Ultimates and Brembo OE rotors for those who care ) and had nothing but problems from the start. I had a hell of a time getting the anti rattle clips in the front calipers, then when I was putting the rears together, one of the anti rattle springs on a rear shoe came apart. I eventually got that to stay together and thought, finally, I'm done. I started my car, pumped the brakes, tryed the parking brake out to see if it held, then I got out, walked to the shop office to open the garage door and turn off the lights when all of a sudden I heard a noice. Then I got this sick feeling in my stomack cause I new right away what had happened....I forgot to set the parking brake! My passat drifted about 30-40 ft and hit the rr corner of our parts truck. It only scuffed the bumper of the truck, but it muched my Lf fender pretty good. Besides that, it looks like I'm going to need a new bumper cover, a new turn signal indicator, and possibly an inner fender liner. I can't believe this, I just can't seem to get ahead. And not only did I F my own car up, but I have to go into work tomorrow and tell my boss what happened. :mad:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
rough, sorry man :eek:h:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts