Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys my passat has been to three shops and no one can fix it so im ready to take matters into my own hands.

Heres the scoop the car has been great till recently now its really starting to cause me problems, and cost me money. It started with an oil pick up failure, caught it in time, and had it repaired. While it was in the shop I had them do the timing belt on the car also. Now a new problem has cropped up. When driving along the car will jump or skip I dont believe this to be a tranny problem but im not 100% sure. The car sometimes drives fine, then other times it will jerk while driving or skip. Its really hard to describe. The car will do this repeatedly while driving almost like shuttering. Right before the shuttering or jerking happens the ARS light comes on prior to this. Please give me some input guys. None of my local shops can figure it out, and 1 of them even said that it didnt do it while they drove it.

Thanks in advance,
John

·
Registered
895 Posts
just a thought, have the shops you've been too looked at the wheel speed sensors? You mentioning the ASR light flashing made me think of that

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Have any of the shops checked for fault codes?

Hard to believe the behavior you're describing could occur without throing a code or two. Go to Autozone and have them check for you if you don't have access to a vagcom.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I had similar, sans ARS light. No codes to diagnose with. Turned out to be a loose wire harness connection on the MAF. Pushed the connector back on and all is well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Asr

Have you tried to disable the ASR? If the ASR is turned off, then the symptoms that you're experiencing should not occur, if the ASR/ABS is the cause. If turning off the ASR doesn't make any difference, then the problem probably isn't related to the ASR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts