Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Black B5.5 Passat with Black velour seats. Black interior is really cool except the black velour collects lint like crazy. Impossible to keep them looking clean! :crazy:
I have the side impact airbags (the ones in the seat; as well at front impact, and front and rear curtain airbags :eek: ) and I'm not sure how they are designed, but was wondering if it's possible to reupholster them in a different material (with a little "stlye" of course) without having to disable the airbags. Does any special care need to be taken to make sure they'll still work? Does it have something to do with the stitching in the seam or what? Should I expect to pay more to do seats with airbags? Is so, then what kind of "damage" am I looking at?

Any comments or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
NYA VW said:
I just got seat covers from Wet Okole:

http://www.wetokole.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

They stiched the hole for the side airbags so you don't have to cut them yourself. I would post a picture but my car is in the shop. Btw..The Wet Okole covers aren't cheap!!
Post pics when you get the car back. Did you get the VW logo stitched in as well? I'm digging it but want to see the fit etc. first. I thought about getting the Katskinz leather ones but a little out of my $$ range. Also, how hard were they to put on?

·
Registered
628 Posts
The fitment is almost perfect IMO. The bottoms don't fit as tightly as I would like, but a safety pin will fix that. Make sure you fill out the form correctly!!

They look pretty sweet. They're black on the outside and grey in the middle. I got Wolfsberg Edition stiched in. I know there's no such thing as a Wolfsburg Passat but I wanted something different... My buddy and I had the fronts installed in about an hour and a half. Once you do once side the other side goes a lot faster. You don't have to remove the front seats. Just crank them up so you can get your hands underneath to tighten the straps. I'm going to order my rear covers when I get my car back. I'm pretty sure you have to remove the rear bench, which just pops out.

I also have the Turbo beetle headrests installed. I had to cut about an inch off the bottom of the posts using a sawsall, so that my head would rest comfortably. The posts go all the way down in the back seats but they don't in the front so its very uncomfortable if you don't cut the front ones.....

I should have the car back next week sometime and I'll snap a couple of pictures for you guys....

Btw.. The neoprene smells for awhile, so you might want to crack your windows at night to let them air out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Do the Wet Okole seats come with any kind of inserts for the doors. I like the look of what they have but my door inserts need work badly/

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
cm103
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing